Time flies and it’s almost time for another trip to Hibanacon! Bunkazilla will be in attendance for the convention’s third outing at the Jurys Inn Hotel in Milton Keynes. But wait! We’re not just popping along to attend. Oh no! We’re going to do so much more and this article gives you a nice rundown of what to expect whether you’re going to the con or not.
Live Shows from Hibanacon
We’ll be broadcasting live across the weekend. We will be running two-morning Bunkazilla Brunch shows on Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 am. Expect some nice tunes to help you wake up and a chat with some of the folk at Hibanacon this weekend.
The Raggedyman will spring into action each night hosting a new instalment of View from The Bar (Friday and Saturday – 21:00) and fronting our brand new promotional show dubbed Shameless Plug (19:00 on Saturday). If you’re a content creator, cosplayer, event runner at Hibanacon and you want to spread the word about yourself on air, come along and speak to The Raggedyman.
Bunkazilla Vs The World
Finally, Bunkazilla will be running another event at Hibanacon. This time it’s a debate challenge game called Bunkazilla Vs The World.
Two teams will take to the stage. One representing Bunkazilla, the other representing The World. Each round will see the teams debate for or against various anime, fandom and geek cultured statements. The audience will be able to put questions to the teams and ultimately judge the arguments as each round is concluded with an audience vote. Who will stand tall? Bunkazilla or The World?
The panel takes place on Saturday at 15:30. If you’re at Hibanacon, pop along, we’d love to see you there.
Amazon Echo Dot Prize Draw
Fancy winning something nice? For those attending Hibanacon, you can enter our free prize draw where the first prize is a shiny new Amazon Echo Dot. There are also 2 runners up prizes of £10 Amazon Gift Vouchers available too!
As mentioned previously, it’s completely free to enter. All Hibanacon attendees have to do is pop by the Bunkazilla table at the convention and sign up to the Bunkazilla Newsletter. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll get 5 raffle tickets* for the prize draw at the closing ceremony.
You can jump ahead and sign up now by clicking here then pop over to the table at the event, show us the confirmation email along with your Hibanacon badge, and you’ll get your raffle tickets. There will be extra tickets available to attendees by doing one at the following at the event:
- Follow us on our Facebook and Twitter Social Pages
- Buy a Bunkazilla badge – we’ll have shiny exclusive 25mm, 38mm and 58mm designs available
To discover more about the bonus tickets available, pop along to the Bunkazilla table this weekend. Terms and conditions are available at the end of the article.
That’s just about it with our Hibanacon plans. As always, follow us on social media to keep up to date with all our hijinks from Milton Keynes. We’re looking forward to finishing up our convention year with Hibanacon! Hope to see you all there and let’s all have a great time!
*1 sign up per Hibanacon attendee only
Prize Draw Raffle T&Cs
- The raffle is being organized and run by Bunkazilla UK, an online radio station owned and operated by Boulton Media Limited.
- Open only to attendees of Hibanacon 2019; attendees will need to present an attendee badge when collecting raffle tickets.
- Tickets will only be available from the Bunkazilla table. This will be open throughout the weekend and will close at 16:00 on Sunday 10th November.
- The top prize is an Amazon Echo Dot; there are 2 runners up prizes of a £10 Amazon Gift Voucher. There are no substitute prizes or cash alternatives available.
- The winning tickets will be drawn at the closing ceremony of Hibanacon 2019 which takes place on Sunday 10th November at 17:00. The prizes will also be presented to the winning tickets; if a winner is not present to collect their prize at the closing ceremony, another winner will be drawn instead.