Hello and welcome to This Door Is Locked, a horror game discussion show for all you horror gamers out there.
In this series we’ll be covering everything from indie gems and retro classics to modern masterpieces and blockbuster giants. So, if you love horror and you love gaming, this is the show for you.
Hey there horror fans! Welcome to the first annual Christmas Horror Quiz! Combining the best of horror and the supernatural, with all the festive cheer of Christmas!
Why not join yourself? You can find all the questions in the quiz listed below, so grab some friends, lock the doors, and settle in for some good old fashioned horror fun!
Listen to the show for the answers, and give yourself a point for every correct answer.
Round 1: Name That Killer! (Films)
- Name the killer in Halloween
- Name the killer in Child’s Play
- Name the killer with the chainsaw in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
- Name the killer in IT
- Name the killer played by Anthony Hopkins in The Silence of the Lambs
- Name the killer in Friday the 13th Part 2
- Name the killer in Psycho
- Name the antichrist child in The Omen (first name accepted)
- Name the killer in A Nightmare on Elm Street
Round 2: What The Hell, Hero? (Games)
- Who is the protagonist in Silent Hill 2?
- Who is the male protagonist in The Last of Us?
- Who is the protagonist in Dead Rising
- Who is the protagonist in Dead Space
- Who is the protagonist in Half Life
- Who is the protagonist in Resident Evil 4
- Who is the protagonist in Alien Isolation
- Who is the protagonist in Death Stranding
- Who is the protagonist in Clock Tower
Round 3: Christmas Theme – Tim Burton
- Name Jack Skellington’s love interest in A Nightmare Before Christmas
- Who played Beetlejuice in the film of the same name?
- Who played Edward’s father in Edward Scissorhands?
- In Frankenweenie, what animal is brought back to life?
- In Batman Returns, what was the Penguin’s real name?
- Who played Ichabod Crane in Sleepy Hollow?
- What type of food does Mrs Lovett turn Sweeny Todd’s victims into in Sweeny Todd?
- In Beetlejuice, how many times must you say his name to conjure him?
- Who writes many of the music themes for Tim Burton’s films?
Round 4: The Tagline Has It (Films)
- Be afraid. Be very afraid
- They’re here
- In space no one can hear you scream
- Sometimes dead is better
- Man is the warmest place to hide
- Herbert West has a good head on his shoulders… and another one on his desk
- Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water
- When there’s no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth
- The night HE came home
Round 5: I Remember When… (Games)
- Alien Isolation
- Silent Hill
- Until Dawn
- Dead Space
- Resident Evil
- Five nights At Freddy’s
- Day of the Tentacle
- Alone in the Dark
Round 6: Christmas Themed Round – Killer Christmas
- Wrestling superstar Bill Goldberg stars as a demonic Santa in this 2005 film
- A young boy witnesses his parents get murdered by a Santa, then becomes a Santa killer himself
- A dysfunctional family is terrorised by a mythical Santa and his minions during a raging snowstorm
- A man gets a new pet for Christmas which turns deadly when it begins to multiply
- A sorority of teens is terrorised when a killer begins stalking them within their house
- During the annual Santa parade, a small Amercian town is besieged by a killer Santa who murders without discrimination
- A killer returns from the grave in the form of a snowman to take his revenge
- A man who loves Christmas suffers a breakdown when he realises his friends and family are not on the ‘nice list’ and goes on a murderous rampage
- The original Saint Nick – who was actually a medieval murderer – returns to Amsterdam where he was killed to seek revenge on the populace
Round 7: Cashing In (Mix)
- How many films are in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre franchise?
- How many films are in the Scream franchise?
- How many films are in the Saw franchise?
- How many games are in the Silent Hill franchise?
- How many games are in the Dead Space franchise?
- How many games are in the Five Night’s At Freddy’s (original creator only) franchise?
- Name one of the Halloween sequel?
- Name one of the Nightmare on Elm Street sequels
- Name one of the Friday the 13th sequels
Round 8: Game On! (Films turned into OFFICIAL games)
- Blair Witch
- Friday the 13th
- The Conjuring
- Child’s Play
- The Babadook
- The Shining
- Evil Dead
- Paranormal Activity
Round 9: Christmas Theme – The Cold Grip of Death
(Stone Cold Killers)
- Who plays Candyman in the film series of the same name?
- Who played Carrie in the film of the same name?
- Who played Annie Wilkes in Misery
- Type of killers in Dead Snow
- Type of killers in Frozen
- Type of killers in 30 Days of Night
(Cold As Ice)
- “Why don’t we just wait here for a little while… see what happens…”
- “I’m not even gonna swat that fly. I hope they are watching. They’ll see. They’ll see and they’ll know and they’ll say, ‘Why, she wouldn’t even harm a fly’…”
- “I do wish we could chat longer, but I’m having an old friend for dinner…”
Let us know how you get one! Can you beat the score of our horror enthusiasts?
And as always, stay safe out there!
Charlotte loves horror in all its gory and, as her alter-ego The Cross Eyed Gamer, plays motion-sickness friendly horror games on her YouTube channel.